Water Line Installation for New Structures
Sometimes a water main line repair is not going to solve the problem and water line replacement is necessary. Windsor Plumbing can take care of your water line installation from the street to your home or businesses. Depending on the circumstances, we may dig an open trench to lay the water line in. Or, we may use a boring machine to bore the tunnel and insert the pipe under the ground for your water line installation.
Water pipe installation to structure
Firstly, water pipe installation can be done manually by laying it in the trench, for traditional trenching. The pipe extends from the utility water source to the entry point into the building. With a boring machine, the pipe installed underground with little disturbance to the ground above. Below are the steps we follow for water line installation to a building.
Water main installation process:
The first step is always locating the utility main and the point where the water will enter the house.
Boring or trenching
- If we are using the boring method, an excavator will be present, followed by a trailer with a directional boring machine. Boring is GPS guided and is less invasive to your yard, home, and exterior structures like decks or patios.
- If trenching, an excavator will dig the full length of the water main.
Laying water line and penetration through wall.
- If a trench has been dug, pipe is laid in the trench.
- A hole is then bored in the wall of the building.
- The sleeve is inserted in wall and the pipe is inserted through the sleeve in wall.
- We then place a "curb box" on the water main at the street to tap into the utility water source.
- Finally, we install a shut off valve so that the water can be shut off to the building if necessary.
Inspection will take place prior to closing the trench when required.
Water Main Replacement Process:
- Windsor will acquire "Right of Way" permits needed to access water at curb. Permits are built into our pricing and covered under our contract for the convenience of our customers.
- Windsor calls location services 48 hours prior to excavation to have underground utilities identified and marked.
"Pulling" of line (if possible)
- Windsor uses the most modern pipe pulling equipment. This equipment allows us to replace lines with minimal damage to property.
- If pulling a new pipe through the old line is not an option, abandonment of the old line and boring of new one is a second option.
- In some situations, digging up the old line is the only option.
Test and Inspection
- After the inspector signs off on work performed, backfill will be completed.
- Boring hole or excavation is backfilled (dirt returned to hole).
Restoration and Repair of Lawn
- Leveling of dirt over excavation.
- Seeding with grass seed over excavation area.
- Straw is placed to cover seeded area.
Windsor Plumbing experts will always take the least invasive route when performing main water line replacement and will only do so after confirming that water main line repair is not a viable option.
Replace lead water main to your home
In the middle of the 1900s, lead pipes were commonly used for water mains. This was true of the city water mains and the water line that carried water from the utility system to homes. Ohio’s utilities have mapped out all known areas of lead piping in their systems. Windsor Plumbing experts will use pipes of newer, safer materials when we replace old lead water mains. However, replacement of the water mains on private property connecting the utility system to a home are the responsibility of the property owner. Therefore, if you suspect that you may have a lead water main servicing your home, give us a call. We can give you a quote on lead pipe replacement. Water for your home and family needs to be safe.
Trenchless water line replacement saves your lawn
Have you been putting off replacing your water service pipe because you don’t want tear up your lawn? Don’t wait any longer. Windsor Plumbing can replace your existing water main without digging it up. We offer trenchless replacement of existing pipes. With only a small access hole, we can replace your water line without digging a trench across your lawn. Call us to find out more about this innovative process.Have you been putting off replacing your water service pipe because you don’t want tear up your lawn? Don’t wait any longer. Windsor Plumbing can replace your existing water main without digging it up. We offer trenchless replacement of existing pipes. With only a small access hole, we can replace your water line without digging a trench across your lawn. Call us to find out more about this innovative process.
Main Water Line Replacement
Water service line replacement for homes
Windsor Plumbing understands the concerns of homeowners when it comes to replacing their main water line replacement. Because of this, we do our best to keep the process hassle free by securing permits, calling for utility location and minimizing damage to lawns. Windsor Plumbing will keep homeowners informed of the status of their project and consequently owners can expect efficient completion in a timely manner.
Replace main water supply line for businesses
Commercial underground water lines often run under pavement or concrete. Windsor Plumbing’s trenchless water line replacement offers minimal disturbance to your property and course of business. In addition, minimal excavation means a quicker resolution esthetically.
Main Water Valve
Replacing main water shut off valve in your home
If the main water valve to your home has been damaged or is malfunctioning, it is not as simple as attempting your own toilet installation. It is especially relevant for you to know where the main water shut off valve is for your home. You need to hire a licensed plumber to handle the replacement. There is a big potential for disaster when dealing with these valve replacements. Please don’t entrust this plumbing service to anyone but an experienced plumbing professional.
Main water valve replacement concerns
There are several different types of main water valves. Understanding which valve you have and how it works is important. A Windsor Plumbing professional may need to turn off the water at the street entry valve before work can begin on replacing the water shutoff valve to the building. Following all applicable codes and safety regulations is critical in a main water valve replacement.
Water Meter Connection
Water main meter plumbing
Your water meter measures the flow of water into your property. A contractor must shut off water flow into the building to provide repairs or test for leaks.
Water meter pipe connection leaks
If your water usage seems unusually high or you have seen an increased water bill, it is typical to question whether the problem is with the meter or whether there is a leak. Water leaks can occur inside the building or outside underground in the water line from the street to the building. It you are concerned that need some leak repair, Windsor Plumbing would be happy to assess the situation. Give us a call.