The Windsor Companies
We Build Better
Full Job Description
Windsor Construction Services is a fast-growing, purpose-driven, construction company that is an integral part of our parent company, The Windsor Companies. Windsor Construction Services executes a vast array of construction projects from medium to large multifamily residential to commercial retail, restaurants, bars etc.
The Construction Estimator will be responsible for providing leadership and support in planning, organizing and controlling the estimating for all of our construction projects. The Construction Estimator will provide the necessary support to the Procurement Coordinator to ensure materials and subcontractors are vetted and ready for construction.
- Review and understand all construction documents, including plans, requirements and specifications
- Assist the Procurement Coordinator in preparing scopes of work, soliciting bids, evaluating quotes and prepare recommendations
- Understand project logistics and project schedule
- Work with outside estimating firms to ensure deadlines are met, review and verify accuracy of outside estimating firms finished product
- Determine labor and equipment costs
- Develop full-scope estimates based on final construction documents
- Accurately develop cost models, including conceptual, schematic and design development states of pre-construction exercises.
- Manage and Develop cost estimates including all material, labor, equipment and general condition costs necessary to deliver a complete project, whether specifically called out in plans & specs or not
- Actively perform pre-construction duties and participate in meetings with clients, owners and engineers.
- Coordinate building department inspections.
- Maintain local historical cost databases for holistic project costs and individual materials,
- equipment, and commodities
- Well versed in all estimating principals including reviewing conceptual estimates
- Understanding of the design process with the ability to “read between the lines”
- Ability to communicate collaboratively; team player and balanced in approach
- Strong network of subcontractors and able to expand current subcontractor base
- Advanced computer skills with estimating software
- Knowledge of construction costs, estimating and engineering principals
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Meets or exceeds specific deadlines, project schedules or other requirements
- Ability to multi-task on several projects at various design completion points
- Has broad understanding of the construction industry
- Knows the market and local competitors
- Able to estimate all types of building projects
- Knowledge of suitable contractors and suppliers for all types of projects
- Able to take concept and schematic drawings and develop a meaningful estimate with detail
Windsor Construction Services offers a competitive salary to commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for training and advancement.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org